Housing Information
NYC Government Guide
What to do About Noise
How to Prepare for a Disaster
Useful Contacts
Useful Links


ServicesDeputy Public Advocate for Ombudsman Services

The Office of the Public Advocate helps New Yorkers by solving their problems and providing them with useful information.

The Public Advocate's Ombudsman Services Unit assists constituents who have complaints, problems, or inquiries involving government bureaucracy primarily with the City, but also at the State and Federal levels. The unit provides information and referrals and works closely with City agencies to find solutions to problems.

Gotbaum Releases Cell Phone Consumer Guide Click Here to View revised Version

Back to top




Where can you call for help?

Most constituents call the Ombudsman Services Unit at (212) 669-7250 or the Public Advocate's volunteer-run Senior Action Line at (212) 669-7670 .

You can also fill out this handy complaint form or e-mail us at ombudsman@ pubadvocate.nyc.gov.

Since becoming Public Advocate, Betsy Gotbaum has published numerous guides--on our schools, senior services, health care, and safety--with useful information for New Yorkers.

Click Here to View the Public Advocate's Annual Report for fiscal year 2006

The Public Advocate's Education Hotline





The Public Advocate's Office • 1 Centre Street, 15th Floor • New York, NY 10007 • General Inquiries: (212) 669-7200
Ombudsman Services: (212) 669-7250 • Fax: (212) 669-4091